Fire and EMS
The Watauga Fire Department is a full service organization that consists of 1 Engine Company, 2 M.I.C.U ambulances which includes a cross staffed Quint/M.I.C.U. We employ 27 personnel that consist of the Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief, Fire Marshal, 3 Lieutenants, 3 Driver/Engineers, and 18 Firefighter/Paramedics.
The mission of the Watauga Fire Department is to safeguard the lives and property and to enhance the quality of life of any person that resides in, works in, or visits the City of Watauga through a commitment to service with:
We owe the residents of Watauga the highest quality of service possible, characterized by responsiveness, integrity and professionalism. We will continually strive for quality improvement.
To Fire Department:
We owe the Watauga Fire Department our full commitment and dedication. We will always look beyond the traditional scope of our individual positions to promote teamwork and organizational effectiveness.
To Each Other:
We owe each other a working environment characterized by trust and respect for the individual, fostering open and honest communication at all levels.
We owe ourselves personal and professional growth. We will seek new knowledge and greater challenges, and strive to remain at the leading edge of our profession.
- Can I burn trash or tree limbs on my property?
- Which current fire code is used by the City of Watauga?
- Can I request a tour of the fire station?
- I called for an ambulance; why did the fire truck respond?
- How can I get a burning permit?
- I’d like to become a Watauga firefighter; what do I need to do?
- What number should I call if I need the fire department?
- Who takes care of fire hydrants?
- Why do the firefighters take the fire trucks to the grocery store?