Types of Library Cards
Library cards are available free of charge to all Watauga residents. Minors under the age of 17 will need a parent or legal guardian with them to obtain a card. Bring your driver's license, and if your driver's license is not current, proof of residency is required. With your Watauga Public Library card, you can borrow materials or use your card at any of the MetroShare Libraries: Benbrook, Burleson, Decatur, Forest Hill, Haltom City, Haslet, Keller, Richland Hills, Roanoke, and Saginaw.
Residents of Bedford, Hurst, and North Richland Hills can get a free card to use only at the Watauga Public Library.
Anyone who is NOT a resident of Watauga, any MetroShare cities, or any non-resident reciprocal cities may apply for a non-resident card for $25/year. Your non-resident Watauga Public Library card will be accepted at all the MetroShare Libraries.
How to Get a Library Card
- Go to https://catalog.wataugatx.org/MyAccount/SelfReg
- Read the User Agreement and Library Policies at the top of the self-registration page.
- Fill out the application form, and click "Register".
- Bring to the library your driver's license. If your driver's license is not current, proof of residency is required.
- Go to the CHECKOUT desk to finish the application process and receive your WATAUGA PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD!