2023 - May 6
Watauga City Council Mayor, Place 3, 4, and 5 will be on the ballot.
Council Members are elected "at-large," representing the entire community and are elected to serve two year terms.
To qualify to be on The Watauga City Council each member:
1. Shall have been a resident of the City of Watauga for a period of not less than 12 months immediately preceding his or her election or shall have been a resident of the city or of territory annexed into the City under the provisions of the City Charter during the 12-month period preceding his or her election.
2. Shall be a qualified voter of the State of Texas and the City of Watauga.
3. Shall not be employed by the city.
4. Shall not hold another elective governmental office.
5. Shall be 21 years of age or older at the time of assuming office.
6. Shall not have been determined to be mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court.
7. Shall have not been finally convicted of a felony offense or a misdemeanor offense involving moral turpitude from which the person had not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability. For purposes of this Home Rule Charter, a crime of moral turpitude shall mean a criminal offense involving fraud, deceit, dishonesty, or a criminal offense that is inherently immoral.
First day to file is January 18, 2023 for a place on the ballot. All applications must be received by the City Secretary's Office located at City Hall, 7105 Whitley Road, Watauga, TX 76148, no later than 5:00 pm on February 17, 2023. The application packet is available at the City Secretary's Office or by email. To contact the City Secretary's office, email or call 817-514-5812. The filing period for this election is now closed. Our next election is scheduled for May 4, 2024.