Watauga Animal Services Principles
The staff members at Watauga Animal Services are guided by the following principles:
- The Golden Rule: To treat all living things as we ourselves would wish to be treated.
- Kindness: To demonstrate compassion and respect for all living creatures.
- Positive Influence: To judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved and improved, and by the positive experience of the people we touch.
- Leadership: To lead by example — developing, promoting and sharing great new ideas and programs to help animals.
- Authenticity: To do what we say we do.
- Transparency: To be open and honest in our relationships.
Our Commitment To You
The staff members at Watauga Animal Services truly appreciate your service and your dedication to the animals housed at the Shelter, and we want to make sure you have a wonderful and enjoyable experience. We strive to:
- Provide you with adequate information, training and assistance so you can be successful in your volunteer position.
- Provide you with guidance, goals and feedback.
- Respect your skills, dignity and individual needs.
- Be open-minded and receptive to your comments and suggestions.
- Treat you as a valued team member along with staff, equally important in helping to accomplish the mission of the Watauga Animal Services Center.
A volunteer is a person who remembers to do the things to make others happy, who takes the loneliness out of the alone by being with them, who is concerned when others are unconcerned, who has courage to be a prophet and to say things that have to be said for the good of all." ~Author Unknown