The Watauga Public Safety Cadets (PSC) learn, train, and work side-by-side with Watauga Law Enforcement and Fire personnel in many different areas of Public Safety. Training also includes competing in various competitions across the state.
- SLEEA Competition (June 2019)
- First Place Bomb Response
- First Place Alarm Response
TLEEAA Competition (April 2011)
- Third Place standing in Bomb Threat Response
San Antonio Competition (October 2010)
- First Place standing in Traffic Stops
- First Place Standing in Accident Investigations
PSC core values and principles:
- Fair and impartial public safety services to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex or religion, and a respect for diversity and the rule of law.
- Training programs, practical experiences, and activities that not only better prepare young adults for a public safety career, but also emphasize the role of first responders in a democratic society.
- Preparing the next generation of public safety professionals through development programs that emphasize the concept of “servant leadership”.
- Community engagement and support are critical to successfully achieving the mission of public safety organizations. Engaging young adults through agency sponsors to work collaboratively with citizens and community organizations will help strengthen relationships, build trust and resolve issues for the well-being of the community.
- Public safety organizations must be committed to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and ethics in all aspects of their operations and services. Integrity, fairness, impartiality, courtesy, respect, and compassion are essential character traits. Public safety professionals must be committed to these traits in providing the highest quality services to the community they serve.
- Public safety professionals are accountable to the public they serve and are held to a higher standard of conduct than other members of the community. They must reflect the values and virtues of good citizenship in both their personal and professional lives as set forth in their professional code of conduct (i.e. The Law Enforcement Code of Ethics).
The Cadet program is open to teens ages 14 - 20, who have completed the eight grade. Apply Online.
If you are interested in the Watauga Public Safety Cadet program or please feel free to contact us. You can also visit the Public Safety Cadet web page for additional information.