If you think you need a permit, contact the Public Works Department for additional information and specifications at 817.514.5806. Permits are needed prior to starting work or having a garage sale. If you are a homeowner and you use a contractor to do electrical, mechanical, structural, or plumbing work, be aware that the contractor should have a permit with the City of Watauga. 

For more information on acquiring permits from the Public Works Department, please refer to the documents below.  Permits can be acquired at the Public Works Department located at 7800 Virgil Anthony Sr. Boulevard inside the Water Tower. 

How to Get A(n)

Action Center

Please call 817.514.5806 for any of the actions below.

  • Contractor Registration and/or Renewal
  • On-line Submittal for Permit Applications 
  • Check Status of Pending Permits
  • Permit Applications to Print, Download, and Return
  • Inspection Requests