The City has a bustling business environment of over 400 small, medium and large firms providing a diverse group of goods and services to its citizens. Top 10 Watauga Employers
These businesses support a quality of life unsurpassed by most towns of this size. While the business base includes several national chains, over 75% are independently owned including many franchise opportunities.
- Located in the heart of the Northeast Tarrant Region providing unity to the area and increasing the trade area for Watauga businesses.
- Close proximity to Fort Worth, Arlington, and Dallas.
- Enhanced transportation with several major state and national highways, including the Denton Highway (Highway 377) corridor. There is also easy access to rail and the DFW International Airport and Alliance Airport.
- Home of Capp Smith Park, a stocked spring-filled lake surrounded by lush grass and walking trail and plays host to many community functions, a 9/11 Memorial Site located outside our Fire Station, featuring a piece of steel from the World Trade Center, and the only City Water Tower in the world to hold four floors of office space.
Economic Advantage: Traffic Count & Road Improvement Map
- Median household income of $66,479
- Unemployment percentage below Tarrant County and the state average.*
- A trade area encompassing adjacent cities of Fort Worth, Haltom City, Keller, and North Richland Hills.
- An economy expected to grow anywhere from 2-5% over the next four years. **
- In addition, several industries enjoy above average sales and capture rates**
- Approximately 60% of all sales tax figures result from retail and food service. **
- Retail outlets report a capture rate of 131-271%.**
- Food service reports a capture rate of 130%.**
Economic Development Incentive Advantage:
Economic Development Incentive Policy
ED Incentive Application
To learn more about TX-PACE program and how it can benefit your business to upgrade your businesses facility's infrastructure with little to no capital outlay: TX Pace Program
The City of Watauga provides several economic incentives for new and expanding businesses including: sales tax rebates, property tax rebates, development fee rebates, and financial assistance through loans and grants. City Council approved Guidelines and Criteria apply to all economic development incentives requested.
Shop Local Advantage:
The City works with all business owners in the promotion and success of their firms through the Watauga Shop Local Initiative. This free program includes:
- Online business database
- Business Spotlight of the Month: Highlights one business each month in the City Newsletter and on the City’s Web page.
- Business Spotlight Videos: Created by City Staff at request of Business and Placed on City's YouTube Page
* According to the 2010 Census
** According to a 2011 sales tax report by MuniService